- This event has passed.
Self Care for Chronic Pain with Yoga Therapy and Healing Touch
May 15 @ 6:00 pm - May 22 @ 6:00 pm$75
Please note – this is a TWO-DAY WORKSHOP, dates are Monday, May 15, 2017 6:00pm – 7:30pm and Monday, May 22, 2017 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Are you looking for ways to manage chronic pain that don’t involve medication? Consider a gentle exploration into Healing Touch and Yoga Therapy that connects mind, body and spirit for overall health and wellbeing with WholeHealth Chicago’s Healing Touch practitioner Katie Oberlin and Yoga Therapist Renee Zambo.
Yoga has been used in the treatment of chronic conditions for its effectiveness in stress reduction and pain management. The calming breath work used in yoga promotes mental clarity and focus, while postures create a sense of comfort in the body.
Healing Touch is a holistic, energetic approach that encompasses physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing for all ages and health circumstances. It complements conventional medical and psychological care and is well documented in the benefits it provides for pain relief without medication.
In this two week experiential workshop, you will:
• Learn breathing techniques to reduce stress and promote awareness
• Practice gentle movements that can be performed seated on the floor, laying down, or on a chair
• Experience guided meditations for healing
• Receive an overview of Healing Touch and how it can help
• Discuss the various types of acute and chronic pain (physical and/or emotional) that may be impacting you or someone you know
• Learn specific Healing Touch self-care techniques that are effective in reducing or eliminating pain
• Have an opportunity to consider the question: “What is my body trying to tell me through this pain?”
Enrollment is limited. Register online here!