About the Apothecary
- How do you know you’re getting a quality natural supplement?
- Partner Discount Program
- Can I use my Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for supplements?
- Return Policy
- Apothecary Hours
Welcome to WholeHealth Chicago’s Natural Apothecary
- Our apothecary offers a wide array of high-quality natural products, including pharmaceutical-grade nutritional supplements (most available only from health care practitioners), therapeutic-grade essential oils, Chinese and Western herbs, flower essences, natural body care products, books, and CDs. Apothecary staff can also prepare custom Chinese and Western herbal formulations, flower essence blends, and personalized aromatherapy formulas.
How do you know you’re getting a quality natural supplement?
- We understand the world of natural supplements is confusing. How can you know you’re getting the highest quality? Can you simply trust the label? We select our product from only companies that meet or exceed industry standards for quality and safety, with stringent raw material selection and extensive testing for purity. These exceptional products are manufactured in facilities certified for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to further ensure clinical reliability and optimal patient outcomes. GMP certification means that independent inspectors validate adherence to GMP standards.As a customer of the Natural Apothecary, you’ll be purchasing natural supplements that meet these high standards. It’s this commitment to quality, along with direct access to our professional and knowledgeable staff, that sets our Natural Apothecary apart from the other natural supplement retailers
Partner Discount Program
- If you regularly use natural health care products, you can save on all your purchases by joining our Partner Discount Program.Member benefits include:
• 10% discount on all purchases.
• Low, one-time membership fee of $25 ($35 for family).
• Records of your purchases on file, for easy reference.
• No membership card to carry.
Can I use my Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for supplements?Yes. Dietary supplements qualify for HSA/FSA reimbursement.
What are HSA/FSA accounts?
- HSA: Health Savings Account
- An account set up for medical expenses not covered by a high deductible medical plan. Money placed in this account also reduces taxable income.
- FSA: Flexible Savings Account
- This account allows for the setting aside of pre-tax dollars for health reimbursement with reducing taxable income.
- How it works
1. Patients visit their prescribing healthcare professional2. A letter is provided that includes a diagnosis, recommendation of specific supplements for a health condition, and the healthcare professional’s signature.3. HSA Account Holders will purchase supplements with an HSA “debit” card or HSA check. FSA Account Holders will submit proof of payment and the letter provided to their FSA administrator for reimbursement.
- Which expenses are eligible for HSA/FSA reimbursement?
Prescriptions and qualified over-the-counter medications
- Are all dietary supplements eligible for reimbursement?
If they are recommended by a healthcare professional for a specific medical condition, they are eligible. For a complete listing of eligible expenses, visit irs.gov.
- 4. FSA/HSA letters provided per year.
Orders are shipped Monday through Friday via UPS. Free shipping is
available for orders over $100 on all regularly stocked items. Otherwise,
shipping and handling is $10.99. Our shipping rates, include free
shipping, apply only to the continental United States. We do not ship to
P.O. Boxes. We are unable to modify or change orders once they have
- Returns accepted on unopened items within 60 days with a receipt. We do not accept returns on refrigerated items, custom blends, special orders, books or cd’s.
- Our expert staff is available to assist you with questions about our products or any of our online services. Contact them directly at 773-296-6700 ext. 2001 or click here to send us an email.
- Monday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am – 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am – 8:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am – 8:00pm (closed 12:00 – 1:00pm)
- Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Due to the nature of our office, the actual close times may vary. If you plan to come at the end of the day, we recommend calling ahead to ensure we’ll be open when you arrive!