Ultra Potent-C 1000 is an exclusive, patented formula that is designed to provide high levels of functional vitamin C in a short period of time. Preliminary scientific research suggest that vitamin C in the form of Ultra Potent-C 1000 may result in improved uptake by white blood cells when compared to regular ascorbic acid.
* Provides valuable antioxidant protection.
* Supports the production of collagen and healthy connective tissue.
* Supports immune function by promoting increased natural killer cell activity and increased white blood cell movement to the site of action as compared to simple ascorbic acid.
* Features a unique metabolite support system that may enhance the bioavailability of the preparation.
* Buffered to help prevent potential stomach upset.
Dr. Edelberg’s comment: Most of the conventional physicians I’m in contact with now accept that Vitamin C is not only good for you, they take a daily dose themselves, ramping up their dose when they feel a cold is coming on. Believe me, it took a while for them to be convinced.
Two rules of Vitamin C:
* Rule #1: we need Vitamin C throughout our bodies in so many areas that I’ve written a separate article on it here. Vitamin C is involved in tissue building and repair, immune function, anti-aging, and the prevention of chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s.
* Rule #2: most people don’t have enough Vitamin C in their bodies. We are supposed to be getting our C in the fruits and vegetables we eat. But most of us don’t chow down the five servings of each recommended by the National Institutes of Health. End result? C-wise, without supplementation, we’re pathetic.
Contrary to what the health food store clerk may tell you, you don’t need to take a lot of vitamin C unless you’re using it for a specific medical condition. The 1000 mg tablet in Metagenics’ Ultra Potent-C is just fine once a day–the bottle of ninety tablets will last you three months.
Contains: 90 Tablets
Ingredients: Vitamin C (1000 mg), Niacin, L-Glutathione, L-Cysteine, L-Lysine HCl, Citrus Bioflavinoid Complex, Alpha-D-Ribofuranose, Xylitol.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.